At Glacial Lakes Aesthetics, we LOVE when our clients look great and feel confident! We offer many ways to achieve that goal: one of the most popular is dermal fillers! We know that our clients want to research and get background information on whatever they might be choosing in aesthetics. With that in mind – let’s delve into dermal fillers!
There are multiple brands and types, but dermal fillers all act in mostly the same way. We inject them in our office, and there’s basically no downtime.
What do fillers do to your face?
Fillers are injectable substances that can restore volume, contour the face, and smooth out lines and wrinkles. They work by plumping up the skin, filling in depressions, and providing support and structure to the face. It can be said that fillers rejuvenate your face, leaving you refreshed, youthful and balanced.
There are different types of fillers available, but most are made from hyaluronic acid, a natural substance found in the body that helps to hydrate and plump up the skin. Hyaluronic acid is hydrophilic, which literally means water-loving! It pulls water in, making each cell plump and full. And like we just mentioned, hyaluronic acid is already found in your body; the fillers just add extra hyaluronic acid where it is needed. We see these used in cheeks and lips all the time!
Fillers can be used to address a variety of concerns, including:
- Softening lines and wrinkles: Fillers can help smooth out fine lines and wrinkles, such as the lines around the mouth, chin, and lower face.
- Restoring volume: As we age, we tend to lose volume in our face, which can cause the skin to sag and droop. Fillers can restore volume to areas that have lost their fullness, such as the cheeks and temples.
- Contouring: Fillers can enhance the shape and contour of the face, such as defining the cheekbones or jawline.
How long do dermal fillers last?
We wish there was a quick answer to this question, but how long dermal fillers last is a tough one! How long the effects last depends on the type of filler used, the amount of filler used, the location of the injection, and individual factors like your age, skin thickness, lifestyle (smoking/sun exposure), and even your metabolism.
Let’s talk in generalities, though! Hyaluronic acid fillers, the most commonly used type of filler, typically last between 6 and 12 months or even longer. This means we’re usually doing filler maintenance once a year or so! We tend to see clients who love the results they get from their filler, so they’re generally excited to come back and get refreshed!
There are some fillers that last longer, though. Some dermal fillers made from calcium hydroxylapatite or poly-L-lactic acid (don’t worry about these details: we know which are which!) can last longer, up to 2 years or more. Keep in mind though, these types of fillers may require more than one injection session to achieve the desired results. We have a few of those brands: Radiesse and Sculptra. We describe these types of fillers as “scaffolding,” and then collagen can be developed within the framework created by the filler. These require less maintenance, which is ideal for some clients.
Benefits of dermal fillers
We can’t say it enough: when you look better, you feel better! And dermal fillers can absolutely help you look and feel great! We love dermal fillers for these reasons (and more!):
- Restoring volume and fullness: When we age, we tend to lose fat and collagen in our face, causing the skin to sag and lose its fullness. Dermal fillers can help restore volume to areas such as the cheeks and lips – giving a more youthful appearance. The effect of “plumping” up your tissue makes our clients look like themselves but from years ago!
- Softening wrinkles and fine lines: Fillers can fill in wrinkles and fine lines, such as smile lines or marionette lines. Getting rid of wrinkles can help create a smoother and more youthful appearance.
- Enhancing facial contours: Dermal fillers can enhance facial features, such as the cheekbones and jawline, creating a more defined and sculpted look. Think of it as contouring that doesn’t wash off at the end of the night!
- Providing a non-surgical alternative: Dermal fillers are a non-surgical treatment that can give you big results without the risks and recovery time associated with surgery. If you want results, consider dermal fillers! (not to mention: this is way less expensive!)
- Quick and convenient: We do dermal filler injections in our beautiful medspa! The appointments are typically quick, with little to no downtime.
- Completely customizable & unique: We ensure every dermal filler experience is tailored to our client’s goals, current facial structure, budget, and anatomy! This allows for personalized treatments.
Why Dermal Fillers At Glacial Lakes Aesthetics?
If you live in Spicer, Kandiyohi County, or anywhere in the Glacial Lakes area we think the best medspa to get dermal fillers is with us: Glacial Lakes Aesthetics! Here are a few of the reasons:
- Amazing Injectors: We are really proud of our education and work! If we can brag: you’ll be getting years of experience, and complete knowledge of anatomy, and we specialize in creating the results you want!
- Full-Service Medspa: Glacial Lakes Aesthetics has so many therapies, treatments & products! We can offer you wrap-around aesthetics services! This means you won’t have to run all over getting one service here or ordering products from random websites. Consider us your aesthetics home!
- VIP Membership: Details are here! We set up your account (a one-time $50 fee) then monthly $159 is deducted from your credit card or bank account and is stored in your patient wallet. That money can then be used on services or products. And get this – the products and services are all discounted! Like with dermal fillers…every syringe is $50 off when you’re a VIP Member!
- Cherry Payment Plans: Let’s say you are excited about the possibility of dermal fillers, but you need a few months to pay for the injections. That’s where Cherry Payments comes in! You can get your service today and pay over the next few months!
We could go on and on…but instead, we’ll just encourage you to contact us! We would love to set up a dermal filler appointment or consultation with us! Let’s chat soon!