Benefits of Microneedling with PRP
At Glacial Lakes Aesthetics we love helping our clients restore their natural beauty. We want to help you feel your best! And we LOVE when that happens using your body’s own collagen, elastin and healing process. Let’s explore how microneedling with platelet-rich plasma does just that!
What is Microneedling and How Does it Work?
Microneedling is a treatment where we encourage your body to create new collagen. We use a device with extremely small needles to create small punctures in the skin. We call these “micro-injuries” because they are so very tiny! The idea behind the treatment is that these micro-injuries stimulate the body’s natural healing response, which in turn encourages collagen and elastin production.
We use a topical numbing cream applied to the skin prior to the microneedling treatment because client comfort is a priority for us! After the treatment is complete, we recommend one full day without makeup. Your body starts the healing process right away, but you might not notice the effects on day one. In fact, collagen regeneration has its peak effect 4-6 weeks after the treatment is done. And results of microneedling can last up to 6 months!
What is PRP?
PRP stands for platelet-rich plasma. It is a treatment we offer that involves taking a small amount of blood at the beginning of your appointment. Then in 5-10 minutes, we will turn that whole blood into a concentrate of your platelets and growth factors, basically a super-rich plasma. We lovingly call this “liquid gold.”
When we do a microneedling treatment, we love to use PRP to help promote healing within those micro-injuries. We apply the PRP directly to the area we’re going to microneedle. PRP therapy is considered a safe and minimally invasive treatment option, as it uses your own blood. No burning chemicals here, just the best healing properties from your body!
What Can Microneedling with PRP Help to Treat?
It might be easier to say what it can’t help with! Seriously, so many clients benefit from microneedling with PRP! Here’s the tip of the iceberg of what can improve from microneedling with PRP:
- Hyperpigmentation: We have a lot of clients who have age spots or hyperpigmentation. This treatment can absolutely help reduce the appearance of those dark age spots and other forms of hyperpigmentation.
- Stretch marks: Microneedling can help improve the appearance of stretch marks by encouraging collagen production and promoting skin regeneration.
- Uneven skin texture: Microneedling can improve the overall texture of the skin, making it smoother and more even. That’s where we see improvement in fine lines.
- Large pores: Microneedling can help reduce the appearance of large pores because when collagen production occurs, the skin gets tighter.
- Acne scars: While microneedling isn’t great for those with active breakouts, it can make a huge difference in improving acne scarring. The pock marks left from acne don’t stand a chance!
Advantages of Microneedling with PRP
Microneedling and PRP are the best of friends! We recommend PRP with anyone microneedling because the results are so profound! The addition of PRP to a microneedling session enhances the results boosting the body’s natural healing response and stimulating the production of new collagen and elastin. This can lead to improved skin texture, reduced fine lines and wrinkles, and overall rejuvenation of the skin.
Let’s call out some specific wins that occur when microneedling is combined with PRP:
- Promotes collagen production: Microneedling with PRP can stimulate the production of collagen, a crucial component of healthy, youthful-looking skin. Collagen helps to improve skin elasticity and firmness, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and improve overall skin texture.
- Improves skin tone and texture: Say hello to bright skin! Improve skin tone by promoting the growth of new skin cells and reducing the appearance of acne scars, sun damage, and other skin imperfections. You will glow; we’re sure of it!
- Safe and minimally invasive: Microneedling with PRP is a safe and minimally invasive treatment because we use your body’s own natural healing response to rejuvenate your skin.
At Glacial Lakes Aesthetics, we love when clients come in for microneedling with PRP. The improvements our clients see help them to look their best. And we know: when you look good, you feel good! If you’re in Spicer, Kandiyohi County, the Willmar Lakes Area, St. Cloud, or the Twin Cities, we are sure that Glacial Lakes Aesthetics will offer you the best of the best when it comes to microneedling with PRP! Call us today!